We spend a lot of time wondering about the substantial challenges of modern life. If we have energy harvesting, why am I always replacing the batteries in the remote? If wearable technology is so great, what can it do to bring people closer? A design mindset is not problem-focused, it’s solution focused and action oriented towards creating a preferred future. Design Thinking draws upon logic, imagination, intuition, and systemic reasoning, to explore possibilities of what could be.
Upon completion of online training, you need to put in practice the concepts learned there. The challenges will pose real problems faced by companies in the energy, ICT and manufacturing sector in Kosovo, which teams need to solve.You will form small groups to compete for creating products and services in Design Challenges in which the company will be interested in. The most important component of a Design Challenge is You! So get your team ready and with a help from an experienced mentor, you will develop possible solution.
The participated teams will have to send their challenges with photos and videos where together with mentors we will select the final ones that will compete for final prices. 120 most effective students will be selected in teams and will be engaged in design consultancies with companies. The teams will develop possible solutions with support from experienced mentors and develop prototypes in the energy, ICT and manufacturing sectors in Kosovo, with access to a newly refurbished R&D Lab. A investment fund will be available to teams for the most promising products or services.
- Boost creativity of students,
- Generate new ideas,
- Sharpen logic skills, and
- Enhance professional knowledge
Benefits: Resources of personnel, equipment, laboratory space, and funds to a broad spectrum of competing projects. Help the participants learn through logical challenges and engagement so they can develop their skills and interest in the professional level.
- Online training and training in the R&D laboratory
- Mentoring by field experts
- 3 months of practical work in the most well-known companies in Kosovo
- 30 teams will benefit 340 euros to create a prototype of their product / service
- 18 prototypes will earn 2,000 euros to launch their product / service
- Opportunity to display their prototype and to meet other investors in DOKU.TECH
Durability: 2- months
- Design Challenge #1 – April- May 2019
- Design Challenge #2 – May- June 2019
- Design Challenge #3 – March – April 2020
- Design Challenge #4 – June – July 2020
Criteria: Student should complete successfully online training to be part of the challenge.